The AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS (AUA) was founded on 1920, with main objective to provide education and research in all fields of Agricultural Sciences.
The participating in CLIMATREE project AUA research team is headed by the Professor of Chemistry Serkos Haroutounian of the laboratory of “Nutritional Physiology and Feeding” of the Faculty of "Animal Sciences and Aquaculture", which is activated in the following research disciplines:
• Exploitation of Natural Products (isolation-study of endemic plants of the Greek flora)
• Environment-Climate Change-Green Growth (management of agricultural processes and industries byproducts-wastes, mitigation of climate change impacts)
• Quality and Certification of Agricultural Products and Foods (study-characteristics determination and certification of traditional Greek agricultural products and foodstuffs)
• Foods (development-production of new functional foods)
• Biomedical Research (control of angiogenesis, treatment of estrogen-dependent diseases)
Contact Information of Scientific Coordinator:
Serkos A. Haroutounian, Professor
Laboratory of Nutritional Physiology and Feeding
Faculty of Animal Sciences and Aquaculture
School of Rural Production, Infrastructure and Environment
Agricultural University of Athens
Address: Iera Odos 75, Athens 11855
Tel: +30 201 529 4247 or 6 (offfice), +30 210 529 4457 (laboratory)
Fax: +30 210 529 4457
Web page: www.aua.gr
The LIFE CLIMATREE project is co-financed by the European Commission in the framework of the Programme LIFE Climate Change Mitigation.
The LIFE CLIMATREE project is co-funded by the Green Fund of the Hellenic Ministry of Environment and Energy.